2020 Football Camps
|Dates||Name & Location||Flyer Links|
|July 21 - 23|
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
|Jefferson Youth Football Youth Camp - Grades 3 - 8||Jefferson Youth Football Camp|
2020 Football Program Information.
With our continued Football planning, and considering parent requests since our last communication, we have some updates to share with you.
If you haven’t already, register your child! BAA is offering a NO OBLIGATION REGISTRATION (insert link), meaning parents can register children without obligation to pay upfront. As the season starts:
- Payment 1 of $60 will be due/charged on 8/4, and
- Payment 2 of $60 will be due/charged on 9/1, and
- Payment 3 of $45 will be due/charged on 9/25.
Note: No refunds will be provided for payments made. To arrange a check or cash payment contact, Glenn Riemersma, at email@example.com. Shoulder pads, jockstraps/cups, cleats, and mouth guards are not provided. BAA will provide a game jersey, padded pants, and helmets.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 8/1. A $30 late registration fee will be applied to any reservations post 8/1.
WHO: 3rd- 8th Grades
WHAT: Tackle Football
WHEN: Season from August – October
Registrations Close 8/1 (Saturday) Evaluations
(Please come at your child’s specific grade time slot. If your child cannot make the Evaluation date or the make-up Evaluation date, that is not a problem. Your child will still be assigned to a team in the draft)
8/3 (Monday) at Kelly Field, 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade instructions & warm up – 6:00 – 6:10
· 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade stations – 6:10 – 6:50
· 6th and 7th grade instructions & warm up – 6:40 – 6:50
· 6th and 7th grade stations – 6:50 – 7:35
· 8th grade instructions & warm up – 7:40 – 7:50
· 8th grade station – 7:50 – 8:30
Equipment Hand-out and Fitting by TRIA Orthopedic 8/4 (Tuesday) at Kelly Field – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
8/4 – Payment 1 due/charged
Make-up Evaluations and Make-up Equipment Hand-out 8/5 (Wednesday) at Kelly Field – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Practice Begins 8/10 (Monday) – Practice begins early August, football will have up to five (5) activities a week, which includes a game PAC (Parents, Athletes, and Coaches) Meeting 8/11 (Tuesday) – A virtual meeting via Zoom will be sent to parents in advance of the meeting Jamboree and Pictures 8/22 (Saturday) – BAA is working with local vendors to provide customized spirit wear (must be ordered in advance, delivered at event) and food and beverages (for purchase at the event) Regular Season
(*game dates to the right are for SSYFL grades 6-8; grades 3-5 are being determined with Shakopee. Updates will be provided soon and will be similar to the ones listed for 6-8 grade)
· 8/27 – Game #1 (Thursday)
· 9/1 – Payment 2 due/charged
· 9/2 – Game #2 (Wednesday)
· 9/12 – Game #3 (Saturday)
· 9/19 – Game #4 (Saturday)
· 9/27 – Payment 3 due/charged
· 9/26 – Game #5 (Saturday)
· 10/3 – Game #6 (Saturday)
(*see note above)
· 10/10 – Game #1 (Saturday)
· 10/17 – Game #2 (Saturday)
WHERE: Grades 3-5 are playing with Shakopee and Burnsville as a subset of SSYFL; Grades 3 and 4 are combined. Grades 6-8 are playing as a part of the greater South Suburban Youth Football League (SSYFL).
WHY: Football provides physical activity including strength, cardiovascular workouts, and flexibility. Football also boosts self-esteem, problem-solving skills, potential for leadership and builds community.
COACHING: BAA needs coaches! If you are a new coach or need help, BAA Football has a Director of Coaching and mentorship program to ensure you are comfortable leading your team. Practice plans and strategies will be provided. Coaching youth sports is an excellent way to give back to your community, build your network, and strengthen your leadership skills. Coaching applications are due in late June. Coaches clinics mid-July.
EQUIPMENT: BAA provides helmets, game jerseys, pants and pads for the pants. Each player provides shoulder pads, any other forearm, hand pads they feel necessary, cleats, mouthpiece, and a protective cup.
REGISTRATION/ FEES: Sign-ups are in June. Due to Covid-19 BAA Football has implemented a “No Obligation- Registration”. The $165 fee will not be due until and if the season moves forward. A $30 late fee will be assessed for each late registration.
Line Captain Players (Single Stripers)
In addition to playing any of the offensive line positions, tight end, or wide receiver on offense without restrictions, Line Captain players may also line up at quarterback. Line Captain players may play any position on defense. They must have a designated stripe on their helmet for all games, preferably over the center of the helmet from the facemask on the front to the base in the rear. It is fine if this stripe matches the colors of the uniform.
A-Line Captain may:
- Play Quarterback, but can only run the ball past the line of scrimmage on two-point conversions. On any other plays, the ball will be blown dead once the Line Captain breaks the line of scrimmage.
- Play Tight End or Wide Receiver, but can advance the ball on offense ONLY by catching a legal forward pass.
- CANNOT receive the pitch on a hook and ladder play, or any other form of a lateral or handoff.
- Is NOT allowed to be lined up in the offensive backfield (RB, FB, WB) or be used as a blocking back.
- Play any position and run with the ball on offense only on two-point conversions.
- Play any position on the defensive side of the ball.
- May advance a fumble or interception.
- May be used as a kicker or punter and is subject to the same limitations as a Line Captain in this position.
- If a Line Captain receives an onside kick, they can advance the ball as long as they are on the front line, if they are behind the front line, the ball is dead at the spot once they control the ball.
A failure to follow any of the above line captain rules may result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Ball Carrying Players (No Stripes)
“Ball Carrying” players can line up in a position to carry or receive the football (running backs, quarterbacks, flankers, and ends). They can also play any position on defense.
2020 GENERAL RULES:
|Grade||Ball Carrying||Single Stripers||SSYFL Rules||SSYFL Rules Notecard|
|Positional Limitations||None||Offense: C, G, T, TE only.
Defense: D-line or LB only.
|Currently in Development with Shakopee and Burnsville||TBD|
|3rd and 4th Grade||Up to 90 lbs.||91 lbs. to 110||TBD SSYFL 4th Grade Notecard|
|5th Grade||Up to 100 lbs.||101 lbs. to 115||TBD SSYFL 5th Grade Notecard|
|6th Grade||Up to 120 lbs.||SSYFL 2019 Rules|
|7th Grade||Up to 140 lbs.||SSYFL 2019 Rules|
|8th Grade||No Weight Restrictions||SSYFL 2019 Rules|
BAA Football Contacts
|Football Commissioner||Matt Jacobs||BAA.cityFootballDirector@gmail.com||612.868.2469
|Equipment Director||Karl Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||952.486.2790|
|Director of Coaching||Ted Schultzemail@example.com||952.491.3512|
|SSYFL 4 - 5 Grade Director||Dan Cagleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||952.484.4351|
|SSYFL 6 - 8th Grade Directo||Noah Carlson||Nocarlson@yahoo.com||651.269.3310|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Jennifer Johnsonemail@example.com||612.221.4626|
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Save A Life Provides EMT / Paramedic services at every BAA Home Football game.